The sun is shining and we’re outside! Now, travel is definitely a year-round sport, but something about the summer has us even more excited to get up and go. It could be the desire to get in a hot bikini or that PTO that’s waiting for us to use, but either way, we’re down for the adventures. Considering that nearly 3 years of the pandemic changed our travel habits, the summer of 2022 will be the best one yet. Many Americans are looking forward to catching flights and not feelings from June to August, and we’re here for it. It’s time to grab your girls, pack your bags and Ornami travel products, and hit the road (or air)!
Picking the travel destination for your girls’ trip, baecation, or solo vacay isn’t always the easiest, which is why we’re here. Use this post to find some of the best hot spots to hit for vacation this summer.
Be Present and See The World
Before we get into where to go, it’s only right we elaborate a little on why traveling is a must these days. Seeing new places can provide so many luxuries other than a good photo dump. Truth be told, experiences are some of the greatest things you can spend your money on. From planning to actually executing, every step of experiencing something new gives a much needed dopamine boost. A study conducted by Dr. Thomas Gilovich, a psychology professor at Cornell University, actually concluded that even the anticipation of a new adventure can lead to excitement and joy. Whether it’s to the islands or a day trip to a nearby city, there’s never a dull moment when visiting a place for the first time. Every area has its own culture, and immersing yourself in this can bring out new ideas and perspectives. Of course we all love the city that we call home, but there’s a whole world out there for us to see and learn from! Traveling will surely challenge you by bringing you out of your comfort zone. Not only are you getting a chance to receive new cultural experiences, but vacation means time to truly relax and refresh (duh)! Taking your career head-on surely has great monetary reward, yet can impact your mental health when your workload or shift hours are just too much to handle. Work can become stressful for everyone at times, and that paid-time-off is definitely needed after burnout begins to take over. Take self-care a step further by treating yourself to a stress-free and work-free vacation – because nothing says unwind like sipping cocktails on the sandy beach solo or with your closest girls.
Where Are You Headed?
We hope you’ve been saving up those flight points because it’s time to go! Where is your dream destination? If you’ve already hit that location and are looking for somewhere new, then look no further. Consider these locations for your summer vacation:
Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Montego Bay is Jamaica’s second largest city and a great hotspot to enjoy as a tourist in the birthplace of reggae. The Jamaican beaches are unlike any other and the weather is perfect to tan and still be comfortable outdoors. Some popular activities you can find while visiting are bamboo rafting, horseback ride and swim, zipline, explore the local waterfalls, and more!
- Tulum is another beach destination and has been pretty popular as of late. Just about 90 minutes from Cancun, the dazzling blue beaches spread for miles ready for you to snorkel, swim, or enjoy the views. When you’re looking to expand your palate, the restaurants and food are abundant and beyond delectable (or so we’ve heard). The nightlife is also buzzing and a good bar or club will definitely be calling your name the moment you land for your Mexico escapade.
San Francisco, California
- Yay Areaaa! San Francisco is known for its diverse culture, great weather, and even better eats. Our fellow millennial chicas know we’ve been waiting to live out our That’s So Raven dreams in The Golden City for years now. If you’re a sports girl, a Giants game can be the perfect way to spend your day. Maybe museums are more your thing. Lucky for you, there are plenty of museums, including the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and Museum of the African Diaspora. Either way, your trip to sunny Northern California will feel exactly like a Larry June song.
DisneyLand or World
- Already enjoyed the fruits of Northern California? Say hello to SoCal! Not really feeling the west coast this summer? Orlando is waiting, too! You can choose DisneyLand or DisneyWorld, and we’re sure either one will definitely be the happiest place on earth. Let’s be real, you’re never too old for a day at Disney. Outside of these amusement parks being family-friendly, Disney is filled with history, delicious bites, and fun attractions that will have you ready to hop back in line. To make things even better, these trips can be pretty affordable when done right. Let’s go right ahead and make this a Disney summer!
- Another Caribbean paradise destination, get ready to soak up the sun and nestle your toes in the white sand of Aruba. This island can be just the getaway you and bae need this summer. North of Venezuela, some of the nicest people you’ll meet are here ready to welcome you at your resort or villa. Hiking trails, water sports, a poppin’ nightlife, and luxury dining awaits. We’re sure you’d prefer to relax and enjoy the views of the coast, and there will be plenty of time to do so when you head to Aruba this August.
- Maybe you’re really ready to jump off of the porch by heading over to Europe this summer! If so, Spain should be at the top of your list. The architecture, arts scene, food, and beaches are all enough for us to choose Spain to be the next stamp in our passports. Five of the country’s beaches made TripAdvisor’s Most Beautiful Beaches in Europe list. Being the third biggest wine producer in the world, our wine connoisseurs will definitely love an evening in the Barcelona city.
Can’t Forget the Essentials
Now that you’ve heard a bit from us, you might as well begin packing your bags and start looking for vacay hair inspo. We were able to give you a little insight on a few destinations, but you should always do your own research when planning to travel. Knowing what to look out for when visiting new places, especially when traveling internationally, can be crucial for a seamless trip and your safety. We wouldn’t be us if we didn’t remind you to keep your body care on deck even when you head out of town. Lucky for you, Ornami has new must-haves for your next trip. Our travel body care can be small and dandy, making it convenient to get your entire routine from point A to point B. After you’re done here on The Glow Guide, head over to the collection to shop!
This summer, we’re no longer waiting on others to decide to explore. Waiting on others will have you waiting for a lifetime, and we just don’t have that much time on our hands. If need be, don’t completely leave out the idea of taking a solo trip for the first time. Now is the moment to create new memories and look good while doing so! So, grab your airport fit and let’s fly!